Actors’ Co-operative Agency
146 China Works, Black Prince Road
London SE1 7SY
Data Protection Policy (April 2020)
Crescent Management undertakes to protect its members’ personal data and privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, which require that personal data must be:
- used lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent way
- collected only for valid purposes, which may include providing contact details, personal information, and official documentation to authorised companies or individuals in the process of Crescent Management promoting or representing its members in the acting profession
- supplied that is relevant only to the purposes of Crescent Management acting on behalf of its members
- kept secure and confidential
- kept only for as long as is necessary for Crescent Management to discharge its responsibilities with regard to handling the interests of its members, both current and past.
The personal data of members of Crescent Management are required in order for Crescent Management to provide its services. As a membership-based, small agency, Crescent Management is also required by law to keep a record of its members’ names, addresses, and dates of birth.
Our members have the right at any time to have their personal data deleted and to withdraw consent for its use. Personal data will be deleted once the purpose for which we hold the data no longer pertains. Some personal data of former members may be retained in order to process payments received following their departure from the agency. Members and former members may, at any time, request a copy of all information about them that we hold and to have that information amended.
The data the agency will hold may include inter alia personal likenesses, names (including those of spouse or partner), addresses (postal and e-mail), phone numbers, National Insurance Number, passport information, bank details, date of birth, marital status, and disability and other medical information relevant to their work (eg allergy information, to avoid clients being put at risk).
We will collect only the personal data needed for contracts and contact information for those employers of Crescent Management members who may require it in relation to the acting profession. Personal data will not be supplied to third parties unconnected to our professional services without the consent and permission of the member(s) concerned.
Access to and use of personal data are provided only to Crescent Management members and to any non-member who has been engaged by Crescent Management to provide professional agency services. The data are kept and stored in devices that require authorised access. Such access is via password-protected programs. Passwords are regularly updated.